Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Streetlight Manifesto

[Song] of the day: Here's To Life - Streetlight Manifesto

Say hello to my new favourite band.
It started when I was looking for songs that reference to historical occurrences. I was listening to 7 Years War  ~ Battle of Dying Heroes and thought, 'Hey, if there's songs that actually talks about certain wars and such, I'd go for that.' Several people said something about Streetlight Manifesto's Here's to Life so I checked it out.
I never thought I'd like it so much.
The music is an entire word of unique itself. It's even... daring. It sort of reminds me of Queen's Bohemian Rhapsody, with how it switches things. The music is a big part of the appeal, it's really hard for me to say. Maybe I should really check more Ska bands.
The lyrics are nice, too. I actually love that part. They sort of shine on some darker parts nobody likes to touch, about suicide and discrimination and depression. One thing about the suicide part, they're far from encouraging people contemplating suicide. In their words, But I can't help agreeing with those that would not quit. In a song talking about life and infamous people who committed suicide, it's sort of easy to understand. All in all I think they're awesome, and makes great inspiration.

Definitely will mention it, especially when told to write about a great band. This, Coldplay, and Breaking Benjamin. Well, that's if they say bands that is not instrumental or non-Western. If it's any bands, I'll probably have way too much to list. Nico Nico Singers are way too good at doing their hobby.

Several of my favourites:

- Everything Went Numb
- Would You be Impressed? (WARNING: Cartoon gore. PV contains painful murders)
- Somewhere in Between
- The Big Sleep

No comments:

Post a Comment